Thursday, May 22, 2008

What a quilt!



I'm so very excited about this quilt... I machine quilted it thoroughly (a square spiral of sorts) and I even did the binding properly! I sewed it on with my machine, folded it over and HAND STITCHED it to the back. I've never done that before.

Now, it's not the biggest quilt on the block.. in fact, it's a bit on the smallish side since the squares are 4" x 4" ... but it's just right for my littlest :)

The backing is just a nice pink with white polka dots fabric I've had for a while.
The strips along the edges are a favorite Heather Ross print of mine. I *adore* this print and the colors with it... and the feel of the fabric is divine. It's slightly brushed which makes it oh-so-soft!
Here are some of my favorite fabrics in the quilt (though I am quite partial to them all ;) ):
Top left: more of the Heather Ross dandelions print, this time in pink
Top right: a very fun Euro fabric
Bottom left: a GORGEOUS Oilily reprint... it's probably one of my all-time favorite fabrics. While the print is perfect, the feel is amazing. It's like a silky, drapey poplin. I wish I would have bought more when I did (though it's terribly pricey here in the states) because I'd love to make something for ME out of that!
Bottom right: a coordinating stripe for many of the Heather Ross prints... again, this is slightly brushed for an oh-so-soft feeling. The stripes run vertically on the fabric, but I cut them on the bias to add a bit of fun!
I love, love, love this quilt. I think pink and orange (with a touch of red) is just so fun and warm.
I have the quilt in the dryer right now (having gone through the washer already) to see what fun it will bring when it's all properly quilted up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like a nice quilt, yet I will never understand where you, mums, manage to find the time for running a family and quilting and shopping - because you do - chatting on the telephone, meeting other mums who run families, who go shopping and obviously quilt...

God bless you
br.freddie
PS: and obviously have the time for your blog too...