Thursday, June 26, 2008

Fourth of July sewing Part II: Oh Vida!




I am so pleased with how well and how fast this all came together. I cut out the pieces last night and finished it up today (tonight)!!

Again, I'm not always so 'themey' in my thinking. I like simple, classic pieces that go with just about anything. And outfit like this does *not* go with everything, yet it's still so fun.

This really made me think outside of the box. I often get so excited with constructing a garment that I don't think of any embellishment to include, I simply sew the seams and get it done because I can't wait to see how it turned out! But with this, I tried to think about things a bit more, let my mind wander to embellishments... and I even came up with the heart applique in the middle by just thinking about things a bit more. The two ribbon stripes below the heart applique are some *gorgeous* Farbenmix ribbon. Oh, and the pattern is the Vida Farbenmix pattern. It's lovely and the pattern lends itself to creativity so well.

My dd2 hasn't yet seen the finished product, but she was quite excited when she saw just the front piece ealier... I'm pretty sure she'll love it.

Now I just need to work on the outfit for the littlest. I have nothing cut out, but I do have a plan in my head. The teaser is this: I'm going to use the Cara pattern by Farbenmix.

No comments: