Saturday, February 6, 2010

a six pack (of shirts) and more...

More baby sewing has been accomplished today... and then a few goodies that hadn't been photographed before ;)

I'm thinking that next week or so I might try to gather up every piece of clothing I've sewn or tie-dyed and take a picture of it all together... it will be interesting to see whether I've actually sewn as much as I think I have!

So, first up is kind of on the boring side... except that they're not! Cloth wipes are VITAL when it comes to cloth diapering.. and really, who WOULDN'T want sweet, soft organic bamboo velour gently gliding across their skin?! Yeah. Babies have it made. Some of these are from scrap pieces of bamboo velour (leftover from other projects) and some were cut into just for the purpose of being wipes. There are a few that also have some organic cotton velour on the other side (which actually feels much more terry-ish than velour-ish.. I was very disappointed when I got this years ago... and was told it's "long-loop velour" .. which is just.. terry!). I really do love the 'natural' color of the velour when paired with the YLI Jeans Stitch Variegated in Earth Tones. It seems quite... earthy ;) And these make me smile!
Next up is the boy batch of Zwergenverpackung shirts. On the left is an aqua baby terry, the middle is helicopters, though now I can't recall the manufacturer of the print, and on the right is some beloved Ooga Booga... I really love working with the Ooga Booga fabric because it's quite a thick rib knit. It's not so ribbed that it completely loses its shape (something that sometimes irritates me when working with a rib knit).. and it's almost like a ribbed interlock. It's dreamy!
And then the 'girly' batch of Zwergenverpackung shirts! The cherries by far have stolen my heart.. but gosh.. something about those brilliant bubbles.. and then! Oh! I'm such a sucker for stripes too! I swear, after completing something girly, I'll say, "Oh, I hope I have a girl just so she can wear this!" And then I'll go and make something boyish and hope for a boy...



Next up is a creation made this afternoon.. and I love it so much more than this picture could ever show. An organic bamboo velour sleeper gown. It's dreamily soft and sweet.. and if you didn't think it could get any better -- it did! Because Heather Ross on ANYTHING makes that item That. Much. Better. Oh, and to make this, I used the Zwergenverpackung shirt pattern and simply made it really long. And then added some Lastin elastic around the bottom to make it easy for diaper changes.
So of course I know you want to see the chihuahua up close! (such a mom-ish story, but my current youngest calls them "chica-wah-wahs" it's cute, believe me).

And tomorrow is a new day.. full of sewing opportunities galore... I hope...

No comments: