I was hoping for some nice outdoor shots with it, but the wind is terrible and cold and there's a chance of thunderstorms.
Outdoor pictures will just have to wait. For now, my MILs living room will have to do!
But of course it wouldn't be complete without details. The dress was not nearly as hard as I made it out to be. There was one part I simply couldn't wrap my head around for some reason, but I'm much more of a visual person. Simply reading instructions doesn't always get me very far. But, I figured it out finally and it all worked out. Quite easily really, even though it's a bit time-consuming (ruffles are! But I'm not very familiar with making ruffles!).. and oh my -- what a fabric hog! I had originally planned for the underdress to be all of the orange/red fabric (Heather Bailey), but I didn't order enough... so I had to improvise and the green pindots just fit. I'm actually quite pleased with the color combination.
I had toyed with using some pale blue, pulling from the overdress/overapron fabric, but I just didn't have the right shade.
I'm still completely head-over-heels in love with the fabric from Heather Bailey's Pop Garden line!!! I want to get some in every colorway possible. Maybe next month. Or whenever I find a budget.
Until then, I'm very pleased with this dress and now I just have to trace out the pattern for my younger two also!